Apple Day ‘15
Posted by Tam
Save the date! It's that time of year again! Autumn is on it's way and it's almost time for our annual Apple Day...
Sunday 4th October, with favorites from last year and new treats for you to try, including:
- Huge variety of English apples and pears from the National Fruit Collection to try and buy
- Hog roast from mid-day with home made Bramley apple sauce, and home made stuffing
-Bouncy castle, kids crafts and facepainting as well as our popular 'Pumpkin Trail' round the farm
- Our chef's delicious baked apple treats and pasties, such as pork, apple and smoked bacon sausage rolls, pork and apple pie, apple doughnuts... taste buds tingling yet?
- Cheese tasting with Richard from Hawkridge Farmhouse Dairy and Stuart from Quickes
- Our own apples pressed on-site with James from St Ives Cider
- Relishes and chutneys from our local suppliers; Sarah and Finns Salsa, Halzephron, Roskilly's
- Celebrating our new apple orchard, introducing varieties also available to try on the day; falstaff, pinova, ashmead's kernel & lord lambourne but to name a few!
Plus lots more! Make sure you join our event page on Facebook - see you there!